Near Buena Vista in Marion County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
William Bartram Trail
—Deep South Region —
Erected by Magnolia District of the Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. in cooperation with (State of) Georgia Department of Transportation.
Marker series. This marker is included in the William Bartram Trails marker series.
Location. 32° 28.54′ N, 84° 32.608′ W. Marker is near Buena Vista, Georgia, in Marion County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 41 and County Route 56, on the left when traveling north on State Highway 41. Touch for map. Marker is 0.2 miles south of Fort Perry Road. Marker is in this post office area: Buena Vista GA 31803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Federal Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Perry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Courthouse – 1848 (approx. 8.9 miles away); New Courthouse - 1850 (approx. 11 miles away); Talbotton United Methodist Church (approx. 13.7 miles away); a different marker also named William Bartram Trail Zion Episcopal Church (approx. 13.8 miles away); First Session Supreme Court of Georgia (approx. 13.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buena Vista.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Exploration • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 2,325 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on September 12, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on February 7, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.