Hof Guttenberg / St. Gallus House
Propitius Super Omnes
Huius Domui Inhabitantes
ehemals "Hof zum hl. Gallus", wurde
um 1710 erbaut, 1784 ging es in den
Besitz der Reichsfreiherrn von und
zu Guttenberg über. Am 16. März
1945 wurde es durch Fliegerbomben
zerstört und im Jahre 1959 von Karl
Theodor Reichsfreiherr von und zu
Guttenberg durch den Architekten
Eugen Altenhöfer wieder aufgebaut.
Pour, O Lord, your blessings upon the inhabitants of this house
This house, the former "St. Gallus House", was built in 1710, and in 1784 passed into the possession of the Reichsfreiherrn von und zu Guttenberg. On March 16, 1945, it was destroyed in an aerial bomb attack, and in 1959 was rebuilt by Karl Theodor Reichsfreiherr von und zu Guttenberg under the supervision of the architect Eugen Altenhöfer.
Location. 49° 47.635′ N, 9° 55.968′ E. Marker is in Würzburg, Bavaria. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Kardinal-Döpfner-Platz and Martinstrasse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Kardinal-Döpfner-Platz 1, Würzburg, Bavaria 97070, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within
Also see . . . Hof Guttenberg (Würzburg Wiki, in German). (Submitted on February 9, 2018.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 9, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 9, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 54 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 9, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.