Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Clifton in Fairfax County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Harris House

1830

 
 
Harris House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, November 15, 2017
1. Harris House Marker
Inscription.
Built by the Harris Family & later acquired by Thomas Moore of Williamsburg, is one of the two oldest houses in Clifton.

It is original in all detail & contains a sick room with itís outside entrance that was so common during that period.
 
Location. 38° 46.782′ N, 77° 23.184′ W. Marker is in Clifton, Virginia, in Fairfax County. Marker is on Main Street north of School Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7156 Main Street, Clifton VA 20124, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kincheloe House (within shouting distance of this marker); Kidwell House (within shouting distance of this marker); Circa 1884 (within shouting distance of this marker); Clifton Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Huckbill (within shouting distance of this marker); Payne House (within shouting distance of this marker); Fulmer House (within shouting distance of this marker); Quigg House (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clifton.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Harris House image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, November 15, 2017
2. Harris House
Harris House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, November 15, 2017
3. Harris House Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 12, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 12, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 80 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on February 12, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement