Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Clifton in Fairfax County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Fulmer House

 
 
Fulmer House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, November 15, 2017
1. Fulmer House Marker
Inscription. Built in 1910 by Clifton lumber merchant J. M. Fulmer. Two times mayor of Clifton, 1920 — 1924 and 1930 — 1936, Fulmer was known as the town strong man.

This house is an excellent example of the Carpenter Gothic architectural syle typical of the period. The house was completely restored in 1972
 
Location. 38° 46.795′ N, 77° 23.224′ W. Marker is in Clifton, Virginia, in Fairfax County. Marker is on Chapel Street near 12743 Chapel Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clifton VA 20124, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clifton Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Quigg House (within shouting distance of this marker); Circa 1884 (within shouting distance of this marker); Payne House (within shouting distance of this marker); Weaver House (within shouting distance of this marker); Harris House (within shouting distance of this marker); Wm. E. Beckwith House (within shouting distance of this marker); Buckley Store (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clifton.
 
Categories. Architecture
 
Fulmer House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, November 15, 2017
2. Fulmer House Marker
Fulmer House image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, November 15, 2017
3. Fulmer House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 18, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 18, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 67 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on February 18, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement