Delaware & Hudson Passenger Station
A magnificent railroad station once rose from the foundation in front of you. Built in 1895, it was one of 19 stations on the Honesdale Branch of the Delaware & Hudson Co. The last train pulled into the station on January 4th, 1952, at 6:11 PM. The building was destroyed by fire on July 3rd, 1970.
Source: Carbondale Historical Society
[Image caption reads]
An early 1900's postcard of the Delaware and Hudson Station.
Erected by Lackawanna Heritage Valley.
Location. 41° 34.32′ N, 75° 30.284′ W. Marker is in Carbondale, Pennsylvania, in Lackawanna County. Marker is on Trinity Place west of River Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Adjacent to the railroad tracks, Carbondale PA 18407, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carbondale (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Patrolman William F. McAndrew (about 500 feet away); Carbondale City Hall (about 500 feet away); Carbondale City Hall / Memorial Park (about 500 feet away); Memorial Park (about
Also see . . . Delaware and Hudson Railway at Wikipedia. (Submitted on February 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 26, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.