Kennesaw in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Indian planned well—his trail straightened and widened, is now a busy four-lane road, a key national highway.
Erected 1959 by Georgia Historical Comission. (Marker Number 033-112.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 59.084′ N, 84° 34.716′ W. Marker is in Kennesaw, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is on Old 41 Highway (Georgia Route 293) west of Stilesboro Rd. Touch for map. It is at the entrance to Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. Marker is in this post office area: Kennesaw GA 30144, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clash at Kennesaw (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Federal 15th Corps Tribute to Georgian Generals (approx. half a mile away); Atlanta - Prize of War (approx. half a mile away); Brushy Mountain Line (approx. half a mile away); Dueling Cannons (approx. half a mile away); The Atlanta Campaign (approx. 0.6 miles away); Johnston's Line East of Kennesaw (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kennesaw.
More about this marker. Highway 41 was straightened further and moved from this roadway next to this marker to a new right-of-way just north of here.
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 14, 2007, by Michael Cruce of Marietta, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,808 times since then and 10 times this year. Last updated on September 15, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1. submitted on July 14, 2007, by Michael Cruce of Marietta, Georgia. 2. submitted on September 15, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.