College Park in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
City of College Park
The Cory House, built in 1891, was one of the first houses built in the 1889 Johnson and Curriden's subdivision of College Park. A rear addition was built in 1925. The structure is a two-and-a-half story frame house with well-defined pediments and Queen Anne-style decorative detail such as fish-scale shingles and stained and textured glass. In the foreground is Mrs. Myron Creese, who lived nearby on College Avenue. For many years it was the home of Dr. Ernest Cory, who after receiving his degree from the Maryland Agricultural College in 1909, headed the Department of Entomology and Zoology from 1914 to 1956.
Erected by Anacostia Trails Heritage Area.
Location. 38° 58.83′ N, 76° 55.829′ W. Marker is in College Park, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on College Avenue Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: College Park MD 20740, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Harrison Store/Trolley Stop Sweet Shop (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); McDonnell House (about 400 feet away); Old Parish House (about 500 feet away); Taliaferro House (about 500 feet away); Holbrook House (about 600 feet away); Trolley Trail (about 700 feet away); City of College Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Army Aviation School (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in College Park.
Categories. • Architecture • Education • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 19, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 95 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 16, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.