Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 2018 by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 32° 18.797′ N, 90° 10.404′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is on Carlisle Street east of Kenwood Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1020 Carlisle Street, Jackson MS 39202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jitney 14 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The "Cotton Bale" Battery (approx. ¼ mile away); Belhaven Historic District Eudora Welty House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Charge of the 2nd Michigan (approx. 0.4 miles away); Boyd House "The Oaks" (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fairview Inn (approx. half a mile away); Confederate Burial Ground (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Also see . . . Mississippi Department of Archives & History Fact Sheet on the mansion. (Submitted on March 23, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 23, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 23, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 95 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 23, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of 1040 Carlisle Street (just to right of the mansion shown here). • Can you help?