Eden in Concho County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Trinity Lutheran Church
The Rev. Mr. Karcher and his wife made Eden their home in 1919. He began conducting religious education classes. A church constitution was adopted in 1921. In 1923 the parsonage was the site of the first Central Texas Pastoral Conference. A frame chapel was erected beside the parsonage in 1925. The Eden and Menard churches became a self-sustaining dual parish in 1928.
The church has been led by many dedicated pastors; one became president of the Texas district and another
Erected 2000 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12540.)
Location. 31° 12.972′ N, 99° 51.01′ W. Marker is in Eden, Texas, in Concho County. Marker is at the intersection of W. Broadway Street (U.S. 87) and Mason Street, on the right when traveling east on W. Broadway Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 728 W. Broadway St, Eden TX 76837, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Baptist Church of Eden (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eden (approx. 0.3 miles away); James Earl Rudder (approx. 0.3 miles away); Eden Church of Christ (approx. 0.3 miles away); General Ira C. Eaker (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pioneers Rest Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Eden United Methodist Church (approx. half a mile away); Texas Vietnam Veterans Memorial Highway (approx. 13.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eden.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 28, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 28, 2018, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 48 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 28, 2018, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.