Bald Head Island in Brunswick County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Captain Charlie’s Station
Named for Charles Swan
Erected by Village of Bald Head Island.
Location. 33° 50.794′ N, 77° 57.969′ W. Marker is in Bald Head Island, North Carolina, in Brunswick County. Marker is at the intersection of Federal Road and Capt Charlies Point Road, on the right when traveling south on Federal Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 700 Federal Raod, Southport NC 28461, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Generator House (a few steps from this marker); Cape Fear Lighthouse Foundation 1903–1958 (a few steps from this marker); Cape Fear and Frying Pan Shoals (approx. ¼ mile away); Union Blockading Ship U.S.S. Peterhoff (approx. 0.3 miles away); Confederate Blockade Runner Ella (approx. 2.3 miles away); Fort Holmes, 1863-1865 Battery No. 4 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Guarding the Confederacy Lifeline (approx. 2.6 miles away); Fort Holmes, 1863-1865 Batteries No. 1 and No. 2 (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bald Head Island.
Regarding Captain Charlie’s Station. The "Cape Fear Lighthouse Complex" has not yet been digitized in the NRHP database.
Also see . . . Cape Fear Lighthouse. (Submitted on April 1, 2018.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 31, 2018, by Charles Keller of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on March 31, 2018, by Charles Keller of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. Photos of the four buildings. • Can you help?