Piru in Ventura County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Governor Juan Alvarado
Erected 1955 by El Aliso Parlor No. 314, Las Tres Vistas Parlor No. 302 Native Daughters of the Golden West and Cabrillo Parlor No. 114 Native Sons of the Golden West
of Ventura County.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 34° 24.39′ N, 118° 45.41′ W. Marker is in Piru, California, in Ventura County. Marker is on East Telegraph Road (State Highway 126), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is located on the grounds of the Rancho Camulos Museum and Historic Site, open Sundays 1-4. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5164 East Telegraph Road, Fillmore CA 93015, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rancho Camulos (here, next to this marker); Portolá Expedition (approx. 2.1 miles away); St. Francis Dam Disaster First Commercial Oil Well In California (approx. 7.7 miles away); Mentryville (approx. 8.6 miles away); Fillmore's First Bank & Masonic Hall (approx. 8.9 miles away); 320 Central Avenue (approx. 9 miles away); Fillmore State Bank (approx. 9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Piru.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 7, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 9, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 744 times since then and 48 times this year. Last updated on April 1, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 3, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.