Concord in Merrimack County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
The First Garrison in Concord
Around this house was erected in 1746 the first stated garrison in Concord to protect from the French and Indian enemy the families of Rev. Timothy Walker, Capt. John Chandler, Abraham Bradley, Samuel Bradley, John Webster, Nathaniel Rolf, Joseph Pudney, Isaac Walker Jr and Obadiah Foster.
Location. 43° 12.981′ N, 71° 32.507′ W. Marker is in Concord, New Hampshire, in Merrimack County. Marker is on North Main Street 0.2 miles north of U.S. 202, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located beside sidewalk in front of house at this address. Marker is at or near this postal address: 276 North Main Street, Concord NH 03301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Session of the Legislature at Concord (within shouting distance of this marker); New Hampshire’s First Meeting House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ratification of the Federal Constitution (about 600 feet away); The Pierce Manse (about 600 feet away); Walker School (about 700 feet away); Franklin Pierce (about 700 feet away); Walker School 1915 (about 800 feet away); Mary Baker Eddy House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
More about this marker.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Concord New Hampshire Garrison Sites
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 6, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 5, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 54 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 5, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.