Crockett County Courthouse
Early day community social center. Used for cowboy dances, box suppers, Christmas trees, roundup celebrations.
In 1909 arc light was added to steeple, to signal sheriff and guide travelers to town.
Erected 1966 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1111.)
Location. 30° 42.654′ N, 101° 12.032′ W. Marker is in Ozona, Texas, in Crockett County. Marker can be reached from Avenue D north of 11th Street. Touch for map. Marker is located on the wall to the right of the courthouse's front door. Marker is at or near this postal address: 907 Ave D, Ozona TX 76943, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ozona's First Water Well (within shouting distance of this marker); Crockett County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Crockett County (within shouting distance of this marker); David Crockett (within shouting distance of this marker); William Mozart McVey
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 14, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 76 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 14, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.