Occupants since 1900 have been Providence Industrial School, St. Philip's Seminary, Refuge for Persecution Victims, and several other endeavors.
Repurchased 1939 by Sisters of Divine Providence and used as military academy for boys. Now used as Training Center for Religious Life.
Erected 1972 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3506.)
Location. 29° 21.256′ N, 98° 52.743′ W. Marker is in Castroville, Texas, in Medina County. Marker is at the intersection of London Street and US Hwy 90 (U.S. 90), on the right when traveling west on London Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Castroville TX 78009, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Louis Day (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Alsatians of Texas (about 700 feet away); First Baptist Church of Lytle (approx. 9.1 miles
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 19, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 6, 2018, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. This page has been viewed 94 times since then. Last updated on April 19, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 6, 2018, by William F Haenn of Fort Clark (Brackettville), Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.