Newport in Jackson County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Jackson County First Court House
Erected 1936 by the Arkansas Centennial Comm. / Arkansas History Comm. (Marker Number G-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arkansas Centennial Commission marker series.
Location. 35° 36.258′ N, 91° 16.965′ W. Marker is in Newport, Arkansas, in Jackson County. Marker is at the intersection of 3rd Street and Main Street, on the right when traveling west on 3rd Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Main Street, Newport AR 72112, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Shelling of Jacksonport (approx. 2.9 miles away); Jackson County Courthouse (approx. 2.9 miles away); Surrender at Jacksonport (approx. 2.9 miles away); Jacksonport in the Civil War (approx. 2.9 miles away).
Regarding Jackson County First Court House. The courthouse
Categories. • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 20, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 20, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 38 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 20, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of courthouse after renovation is completed. • Can you help?