Searcy in White County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
White County Court House
Erected 1936 by the Arkansas Centennial Comm. / Arkansas History Comm. (Marker Number F-13.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arkansas Centennial Commission marker series.
Location. 35° 15.012′ N, 91° 44.303′ W. Marker is in Searcy, Arkansas, in White County. Marker is at the intersection of West Arch Avenue and North Spruce Street, on the left when traveling east on West Arch Avenue. Touch for map. Located at the southwest corner of the courthouse square. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 North Spruce Street, Searcy AR 72143, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. White County Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); White County Vietnam Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Brig. Gen. Dandridge McRae (approx. half a mile away); Spanish Land Grant to John Fayac (approx. 1.4 miles away); Searcy Landing in the Civil War / Guerrilla War on the Little Red Action At Whitney's Lane (approx. 3½ miles away); Action at Des Arc Bayou (approx. 3.9 miles away); Naval Combat at West Point / Combat on the Little Red River (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Searcy.
More about this marker. One of 143 cast-iron markers placed across Arkansas in partnership with the Arkansas History Commission during the state's 1936 centennial.
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on the White County Court House. (Submitted on April 22, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 22, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 22, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 22, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.