Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Corvallis in Benton County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
 

Capitol of Territorial Oregon

1855

 
 
Site of the Capitol of Territorial Oregon Marker image. Click for full size.
By Douglass Halvorsen, April 21, 2018
1. Site of the Capitol of Territorial Oregon Marker
Inscription. Site of the Capitol of Territorial Oregon
 
Erected by Winema Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
 
Location. 44° 33.675′ N, 123° 15.689′ W. Marker is in Corvallis, Oregon, in Benton County. Marker is at the intersection of SW 2nd Street and SW Adams Avenue on SW 2nd Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 344 SW 2nd St, Corvallis, OR 97333, Corvallis OR 97333, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. L.G. Kline Building (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Benton County State Bank (about 800 feet away); City Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Whiteside Theatre (approx. 0.2 miles away); River Transport (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Opera House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Early Town Development (approx. 0.2 miles away); Benton County Courthouse (approx. mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corvallis.
 
Also see . . .  Oregon State Legislature website. Provides additional history on Oregon's state capitol buildings over the years. (Submitted on April 23, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon.) 
 
Categories. Notable Places
 
Site of the Capitol of Territorial Oregon image. Click for full size.
By Douglass Halvorsen, April 21, 2018
2. Site of the Capitol of Territorial Oregon
Capitol of Territorial Oregon image. Click for full size.
By Oregon.gov
3. Capitol of Territorial Oregon
Avery Building, Corvallis, OR. Oregon territorial government met in this building in December, 1855.
Crawford and Farra brick building image. Click for full size.
By Douglass Halvorsen, April 21, 2018
4. Crawford and Farra brick building
Building is located at the site of the Avery building, the former territorial capitol of Oregon. Built in 1882, restored in 1992.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 24, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 23, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 66 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 23, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement