Cortland in Cortland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
American Revolutionary War Memorial
now buried in Cortland County
who fought for
the Independence of their Country
in the War of
The American Revolution
Erected by the Tioughnioga Chapter of the
Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected 1906 by Tioughnioga Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 42° 35.949′ N, 76° 10.645′ W. Marker is in Cortland, New York, in Cortland County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street (U.S. 11) and Court Street, on the right when traveling north on Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is located within Cortland County Courthouse Park, near the sidewalk, alongside various other war memorials. Marker is at or near this postal address: 46 Greenbush Street, Cortland NY 13045, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Port Watson (approx. 0.9 miles away); Terrence C. Graves Monument (approx. 9.7 miles away); Millard Fillmore (approx. John J. McGraw Memorial (approx. 10.7 miles away); Glen Haven (approx. 12.1 miles away); Site of Glen Haven House (approx. 12.2 miles away); Peck Library (approx. 13.2 miles away); Old Mill (approx. 16.2 miles away).
More about this marker. Marker is a metal plaque mounted on a large, round granite boulder.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 25, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 60 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 25, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.