Marion in Perry County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Confederate 6-pounder Field Gun
Tuscaloosa, Ala. in the
early days of the Civil War.
It was intended for local
defense and was bought by
private subscriptions through
the efforts of Dr.
O. L. Shivers, Sr.
1861 –––– 1865.
Resigned to the custody
of A.B. Moore Chapter U.D.C.
Dr. Geo. P.L. Reid
Erected 1916 by A.B. Moore Chapter U.D.C.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 32° 37.982′ N, 87° 19.128′ W. Marker is in Marion, Alabama, in Perry County. Marker is on Washington Street (Alabama Route 286) north of Jefferson Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Perry County Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Muckle's Ridge (a few steps from this marker); Nicola Marschall (within shouting distance of this marker); Jimmie Lee Jackson / Jackson's Death Led to 'Bloody Sunday' March (within shouting distance of this marker); Marion (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); A Seed is Planted (about 300 feet away); Honoring: Reverend James Orange (about 400 feet away); In Memory of Albert Turner, Sr. (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marion.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 29, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 29, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 89 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 29, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.