Geneseo in Livingston County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Original Wadsworth Cabin
The Pioneer Wadsworth Brothers,
James and William, arrived from
Connecticut, June 10, 1790, and
became Geneseo's first permanent
settlers. The original dwelling
of the founders of Geneseo was
a log cabin, one rod west on this spot.
Erected 1965 by The Wadsworth Family.
Location. 42° 47.522′ N, 77° 49.607′ W. Marker is in Geneseo, New York, in Livingston County. Marker is on Genesee Street (New York State Route 63 at milepost 20.9), 0.2 miles south of Mary Jemison Drive, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Geneseo NY 14454, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Village Square (approx. half a mile away); Geneseo Historic District (approx. half a mile away); Site of First Church (approx. half a mile away); Big Tree Lodge (approx. 0.6 miles away); Cobblestone School (approx. ¾ mile away); Brevet Major General James S. Wadsworth (approx. 0.8 miles away); In Memory of (approx. 0.8 miles away); Groveland Hill (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Geneseo.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 2, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 2, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 60 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 2, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.