Wilbur, Leonard, Ladd and Green Streets were named for men who played prominent roles in the development of Oswego's iron industry, Church Street was named for the Episcopal Church which had a boy's school in the area, and Furnace Street marked the road following the river leading to the iron works.
Erected 2002 by Old Town Neighborhood Association.
Location. 45° 24.77′ N, 122° 39.747′ W. Marker is in Lake Oswego, Oregon, in Clackamas County. Marker is at the intersection of Wilbur Street and Durham Street, on the right when traveling east on Wilbur Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lake Oswego OR 97034, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George Rogers House - 1929 (within shouting distance of this marker); Iron Company Worker's Cottage (within shouting distance of this marker); Lakewood School - 1928 (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Green Street (about
Also see . . . A brief history of our city... (Lake Oswego Public Library). (Submitted on May 7, 2018.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 7, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 6, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 52 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on May 6, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. 2, 3. submitted on May 7, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.