Owasco in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Owasco District No. One
Built 1834 with local stone
Served for 116 years
Closed in 1950
Erected 2012 by William C. Pomeroy Foundation.
Marker series. This marker is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation marker series.
Location. 42° 54.209′ N, 76° 28.065′ W. Marker is in Owasco, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is on Baptist Corner Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Auburn NY 13021, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Church (approx. 3.4 miles away); Ford (approx. 3.4 miles away); Sherwood Inn (approx. 3.4 miles away); Site of The Great Fire (approx. 3½ miles away); St. John's Beach (approx. 3.6 miles away); "Factory Gulf" (approx. 3.8 miles away); St. Alphonsus (approx. 4.9 miles away); Harriet Tubman (approx. 4.9 miles away).
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 7, 2018, by Nathan Mercado of Auburn, New York. This page has been viewed 54 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on May 7, 2018, by Nathan Mercado of Auburn, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.