Liberty in Liberty County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Liberty Bicentennial Observance
1756 • 1956
Atascosito, established Indian Village prior to 1690. Established as District on Atascosito Road by Spanish government in 1857 to prevent French trade with Indians.
Erected 1956 by Liberty Bicentennial Commission. (Marker Number 9636.)
Location. 30° 5.436′ N, 94° 45.547′ W. Marker is in Liberty, Texas, in Liberty County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 1011 and North Main Street (State Highway 146), on the left when traveling south on Highway 1011. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Liberty TX 77575, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Atascosito (here, next to this marker); Homesite of George Orr (here, next to this marker); Liberty County (approx. 2.4 miles away); Liberty Methodist Church (approx. 3 miles away); Mexican Hill (approx. 3.1 miles away); Plaza de Carcel y Casas de Correccion (approx. 3.1 miles away); Commercial Corner (approx. 3.1 miles away); Tarver Abstract Company (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Liberty.
More about this marker. There is a incorrect date on this marker. The correct year of the establishment of Atascosito
Also see . . . Atascosito Road - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on May 7, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 7, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 55 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 7, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. 2. submitted on May 7, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.