Berkeley Springs in Morgan County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Lot owned by George Washington
Erected 1931 by Citizens of Morgan County unveiled by the NSDAR of West Virginia.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 37.582′ N, 78° 13.607′ W. Marker is in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, in Morgan County. Marker is at the intersection of Fairfax Street and Mercer St., on the right when traveling east on Fairfax Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Berkeley Springs WV 25411, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A Castle Built for Love (a few steps from this marker); James Muir (a few steps from this marker); William Ramsey and James Stuart (within shouting distance of this marker); The Sons and Daughters of Morgan County (within shouting distance of this Campaign in the Snow (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle for Bath (within shouting distance of this marker); Morgan County Veteran's Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Berkeley Springs / James Rumsey (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Berkeley Springs.
Categories. • Natural Features • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 17, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 26, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 884 times since then and 39 times this year. Last updated on May 12, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 26, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 3. submitted on October 29, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.