Stephenville in Erath County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
George Bernhard Erath
[In memory of]
He sought in Texas freedom from tyranny. In return, he contributed, through lifelong service, to the progress of the state and the development of an enlightened people.
Erected 1936 by State of Texas.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 32° 13.138′ N, 98° 12.347′ W. Marker is in Stephenville, Texas, in Erath County. Marker is at the intersection of West Washington Street (Business Highway 377) and North Erath Avenue, on the left when traveling east on West Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 W. Washington St, Stephenville TX 76401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Erath Arches (here, next to this marker); Oak Dale Cemetery (approx. 5.3 miles away); Morgan Mill Tabernacle (approx. 11.9 miles away); Dublin National Bank Dr Pepper Texas (approx. 12.3 miles away); Dublin Dr Pepper Bottling Company (approx. 12.3 miles away); William T. Miller Grist Mill (approx. 12.3 miles away); Wesley Chapel Cemetery (approx. 12.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stephenville.
Also see . . . Erath, George Bernhard. from the Handbook of Texas Online (Submitted on May 17, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.)
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 29, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 17, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 57 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 17, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.