Ozona in Crockett County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Emerald House
Until 1981, when it was moved to this site, the Emerald house was located on one of Ozona's Main Streets. It had been owned by many of the town's prominent citizens, including E.M. Powell, an early area surveyor who gave the land for many of the town's public buildings and parks; pioneer merchant Phil Perner; newspaper publisher W.A. Cochran; ranchers George L. Harrell and J. W. Friend, and E.B. Deland.
As one of Crockett County's earliest structures and a survivor of its first settlement, the Emerald House is a significant reminder of the County's heritage.
Erected 1984 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5328.)
Location. 30° 42.543′ N, 101° 11.54′ W. Marker is in Ozona, Texas, in Crockett County. Marker is on Avenue AA south of 11th Street (State Highway 466), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located within the Crockett County Fair Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1301 Avenue AA, Ozona TX 76943, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ozona's Water System (approx. 0.4 miles away); Crockett County Jail (approx. half a mile away); Crockett County Courthouse (approx. half a mile away); The Perner House (approx. half a mile away); Ozona's First Water Well (approx. half a mile away); Crockett County (approx. half a mile away); David Crockett (approx. half a mile away); William Mozart McVey (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ozona.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 22, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 18, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 48 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 18, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.