Lorman in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Belles Lettres Building
Windsor Battleﬁeld Tour
Ca. 1851. Neoclassic Revival. The origin of this structure is uncertain. It is generally assumed to be one of two buildings completed in 1851 for use by a campus literary society. Its architecture is more properly called Neoclassic Revival. It does not have the same atmosphere as the Greek Revival chapel and dormitory buildings.
Location. 31° 52.535′ N, 91° 8.597′ W. Marker is in Lorman, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is on ASU Drive east of Alcorn Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lorman MS 39096, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Port Gibson to Rodney Road (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Original Campus (approx. 0.2 miles away); Alcorn State University (1871) (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oakland Memorial Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Chapel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oakland College (approx. 0.2 miles away); Alcorn Agricultural And Mechanical College (approx. 0.2 miles away); Canemount Plantation (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lorman.
More about this marker. Located on the Alcorn State University Campus
Categories. • Architecture • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 30, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 43 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 30, 2018.