Saint Louis in St. Louis, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
St. Charles Rock Road
Boone's Lick Road
—St. Louis —
Started near this corner 1764
Marked by the
Daughters of the
State of Missouri
Re-dedicated – 1970 - DAR
Erected 1913 by Daughters of the American Revolution and the State of Missouri.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 38° 37.562′ N, 90° 11.397′ W. Marker is in Saint Louis, Missouri, in St. Louis. Marker is on North Broadway south of Chestnut Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is located beside the sidewalk, near the northeast corner of Kiener Plaza Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 Chestnut Street, Saint Louis MO 63101, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. La Rue Missouri (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Courthouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Joseph Pulitzer (about 400 feet away); Dred and Harriet Scott (about 400 feet away); Western Reach of the Revolution Sold on the Steps of Justice (about 500 feet away); The Mississippi Valley Trust Company (about 600 feet away); Merchant Laclede Building (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Saint Louis.
Also see . . .
1. Boone's Lick Road. The Boone’s Lick Road, dating to the early 1800s, stretches across present St. Charles, Warren, Montgomery, Callaway, Boone and Howard counties of eastern and central Missouri. Although the road has been largely forgotten in modern times, if St. Louis was the Gateway to the West, then the Boone’s Lick Road was the way to get there. (Submitted on June 22, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. Boone's Lick Road. The Boone's Lick Road, or Boonslick Trail was an early 1800s transportation route from eastern to central Missouri in the United States. Running east-west on the North side and roughly parallel to the Missouri River the trail began in the river port of St. Charles. The trail played a major role in the westward expansion of the United States and the development of Missouri's statehood. The trail's eventual terminus at Franklin was the start (Submitted on June 22, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 22, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 22, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.