Frederick in Frederick County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Frederick's Carroll Creek
All Saints Street
This street was named for the town's first Episcopal parish and church structure which once stood across the creek. In 1814, the bulk of the white congregation moved to a new location built closer to the courthouse. Four years later, Old Hill Church would be constructed — a place where both whites and blacks would worship together in the Methodist Episcopal faith tradition. In 1864, Black residents took full possession of the church, and in 1868 this would be
Erected by Frederick, Downtown Frederick Partnership; Tourism Council of Frederick County, Inc.; DCHD; Maryland Heritage Areas Authority.
Location. 39° 24.772′ N, 77° 24.629′ W. Marker is in Frederick, Maryland, in Frederick County. Marker can be reached from Market Street (Maryland Route 355) north of East All Saints Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. On the grounds of Carroll Creek Linear Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: Carroll Creek Linear Park, Frederick MD 21701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Diehl Memorial Fountain (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); B & O Railroad Station (about Civil War Hospital Center (about 400 feet away); A Crossroads of American History (about 400 feet away); 1862 Antietam Campaign (about 500 feet away); Hospitals in Frederick (about 500 feet away); Market & Patrick Streets (about 500 feet away); One Vast Hospital (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Frederick.
Categories. • African Americans • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 23, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 43 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 23, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.