Jacksboro in Jack County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Former Gulf, Texas & Western Railroad Depot
A facility of Jacksboro's second railroad, built by local effort, with backing from New York bankers, R. C. Megargel and Company.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1947.)
Location. 33° 12.911′ N, 98° 9.546′ W. Marker is in Jacksboro, Texas, in Jack County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street (U.S. 281) and Hull Street, on the right when traveling south on South Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 S Main St, Jacksboro TX 76458, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Butterfield Stage Line (a few steps from this marker); First Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fort Richardson (approx. 0.7 miles away); Lost Battalion (approx. 0.7 miles away).
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 25, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 45 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 25, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.