Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Junction City in Lane County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
 

Lee House

1872

 
 
Lee House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Douglass Halvorsen, April 22, 2018
1. Lee House Marker
Inscription. This picturesque building was the home of the city's first doctor. The home’s one story back part was built prior to 1872 and was pulled by horses from the nearby community of Lancaster, about 2 miles northeast on Highway 99E. The two-story section was built in the 1870’s. The front parlor served as a medical office to Dr. N. L. Lee and later on to Doctors Love, Allumbaugh and Parrot. Many of our citizens were born in this house. The Junction City Historical Society bought the house in 1972 and restored the front porch, the balcony and floors. This lovely place now serves as a community museum.
 
Erected by Junction City Historical Society.
 
Location. 44° 13.179′ N, 123° 12.227′ W. Marker is in Junction City, Oregon, in Lane County. Marker is on Holly Street south of West 7th Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 655 Holly Street, Junction City OR 97448, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Junction City — A Brief History (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Locomotive 418
Lee House and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Douglass Halvorsen, April 22, 2018
2. Lee House and Marker
The marker is mounted to the left of the entrance door.
(about 400 feet away); Junction City’s First Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); “The Struggle Has Ended” (approx. 4˝ miles away); Smithfield (approx. 6.7 miles away); West Side Old Territorial Road (approx. 6.8 miles away); Wilhelm Mill Water Wheel (approx. 7.9 miles away); The Belknap Settlement (approx. 8.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Junction City.
 
Regarding Lee House. The Lee House was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
 
Also see . . .
1. National Register of Historic Places datasheet. Additional history regarding the Lee House. (Submitted on June 29, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon.) 

2. The Lee House Museum website. Junction City Historical Society bought the house and restored the front porch, the balcony and floors, and opened it as a museum in time for Junction City’s Centennial celebration in 1972. (Submitted on June 29, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon.)
Lee House image. Click for full size.
By Douglass Halvorsen, April 22, 2018
3. Lee House
 
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Lee House image. Click for full size.
By Douglass Halvorsen, April 22, 2018
4. Lee House
Lee House image. Click for full size.
By Douglass Halvorsen, April 22, 2018
5. Lee House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 29, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 29, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 29, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement