Owosso in Shiawassee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Judge Elias Comstock
This log house was built by Judge Elias Comstock
Purchased by the D.A.R. and given to the city of Owosso for its perpetuation July 29, 1920
Here six Baptists formed the first church organization in Owosso — January 18, 1838
Erected 1921 by Shiawassee Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 42° 59.942′ N, 84° 10.53′ W. Marker is in Owosso, Michigan, in Shiawassee County. Marker is on Curwood Castle Drive north of Bradley Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Owosso MI 48867, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Comstock Cabin (a few steps from this marker); Curwood Castle (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Curwood Castle (within shouting distance of this marker); The Studio of James Oliver Curwood (within shouting distance of this marker); The First House in Owosso (about Birthplace of Thomas Edmund Dewey (about 700 feet away); Homesite of Doctor John B. Barnes (approx. ¼ mile away); First Congregational Church and Society (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Owosso.
Also see . . .
1. 1836 Comstock Cabin: A pioneering family builds the first permanent residence in Owosso. (Submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
2. A Short History of First Baptist Church. (Submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 40 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.