Cooper in Delta County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First National Bank
Chartered as a national bank 1891. Erected this building 1909.
Guaranty State Bank merged with First National 1925. This bank has had continued growth.
The founder, Wm. J. McDonald (1844 - 1926), at his death left a great fortune to establish an astronomical observatory of the first order - the McDonald Observatory, in West Texas.
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 6936.)
Location. 33° 22.436′ N, 95° 41.329′ W. Marker is in Cooper, Texas, in Delta County. Marker is at the intersection of West Side Square and West Dallas Avenue (State Route 154), on the left when traveling north on West Side Square. Touch for map. Mounted to the outside wall of the bank. Marker is at or near this postal address: 11 West Side Square, Cooper TX 75432, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Texas Livery Stable (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cooper Rail Depot (approx. 0.3 miles away); Delta County Hiram Rattan (approx. 3.4 miles away); DeSpain Bridge (approx. 4.7 miles away); Confederate Refugees in Texas, C. S. A. (approx. 10.8 miles away); Historic Roadside Park (approx. 10.8 miles away); Townsite of Tarrant (approx. 13.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cooper.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 5, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 46 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 5, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.