Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wrocław in Wrocław Powiat, Dolnośląskie, Poland
 

Dawne kanonie kapituły katedralnej / Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter

 
 
Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, May 24, 2018
1. Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter Marker
Inscription. Wznoszone od średniowiecza domy były wielokrotnie przebudowywane, a po pożarze w 1791 r. zostały odtworzone w formach klasycystycznych. Niemal doszczętnie zniszczony w 1945 r. zespol odbudowano w latach 1974-1979 według projektu E. Małachowicza.

-

The houses were being erected since the Middle Ages. Over the years they underwent a number of alterations and after the fire in 1791 they were rebuilt in Classical forms. The building complex was almost completely destroyed in 1945 but was rebuilt in the years 1974-1979 according to the design of E. Malachowicz.
 
Location. 51° 6.864′ N, 17° 2.682′ E. Marker is in Wrocław, Dolnośląskie, in Wrocław Powiat. Marker is on Katedralna just west of plac Katedralny, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Katedralna 10, Wrocław, Dolnośląskie 48-300, Poland.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pope John Paul II (a few steps from this marker); Edmund Bojanowski (within shouting distance of this marker); Former canons' house of the Holy Cross Chapter (within shouting distance of this marker); Dawna kanonia kapituły swiętokrzyskiej / Canon's House of the Holy Cross Chapter

Dawne kanonie kapituły katedralnej / Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, May 24, 2018
2. Dawne kanonie kapituły katedralnej / Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter and Marker
The marker is visible just to the right of the entrance.
(within shouting distance of this marker); Dawna kanonia kapituły świętokrzyskiej / Canon's of the Holy Cross house (within shouting distance of this marker); Biskup / Bishop Nanker (within shouting distance of this marker); Fryderyk (Frederic) Chopin (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Dawny Sierociniec / Former Orphanage (Orphanotropheum) (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wrocław.
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 5, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 5, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Paid Advertisement