Greenville in Hunt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Organized July 19, 1846
Named in honor of
General Memucan Hunt
Secretary of the Navy and
Inspector General of the Army
of the Republic of Texas
Minister to the United
Adjutant General in the
Member of the Texas Legislature
Greenville, the county seat
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 7805.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 33° 8.353′ N, 96° 6.421′ W. Marker is in Greenville, Texas, in Hunt County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Street and Stonewall Street (State Highway 34), on the left when traveling east on Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2507 Lee St, Greenville TX 75401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1929 Hunt County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); The Seven Courthouses of Hunt County (within shouting distance of this marker); Central Christian Church Greenville (approx. 0.2 miles away); Greenville Building and Loan Association (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Greenville Post Office (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Phillips Field/Majors Stadium (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hunt County's First Railroad (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 7, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.