(Reverse) Gillespie Hall - In 1913, Johnson Hall enlarged by a gift from Dr. Ancil Gatliff at a cost of $20,000. In Feb. 1929, a two-story home economics building annexed to Johnson Hall as a gift from Mrs. Florida E. Gatliff. Building renovated in 1994-95 and renamed Gillespie Hall in honor of Charles Gillespie of Midland, Texas, friend and supporter. Presented by Cumberland College.
Erected by Kentucky Historical Society & Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2101.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 36° 44.268′ N, 84° 9.861′ W. Marker was in Williamsburg, Kentucky, in Whitley County. Marker was on Main Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Williamsburg KY 40769, United States of America.
Other nearby markers.
Categories. • Education • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 13, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 12, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 39 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 12, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.