Mableton in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Mable House
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 033-65.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 49.613′ N, 84° 34.513′ W. Marker is in Mableton, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is on Floyd Road (Georgia Route 139) 0.1 miles north of Clay Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5239 Floyd Road, Mableton GA 30126, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Turner's, Howell's Baker's & Sandtown Ferries (approx. 0.7 miles away); Toward the River (approx. one mile away); The Mitchell House (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Extended Right (approx. 1.3 miles away); The March to Soap Creek (approx. 1.3 miles away); Advance of the 17th A.C. Toward the River (approx. 1.3 miles away); Site: Wm. Moss House (approx. 1.3 miles away); “The Only Advantage of the Day” (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mableton.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 4, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,502 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 4, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.