San Bernardino in San Bernardino County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
World’s First McDonald’s
They previously operated a successful Drive-In Barbeque Restaurant with Carhop Service on this site from 1940 to 1948.
Erected 1992 by McDonald’s Corporation.
Marker series. This marker is included in the U.S. Route 66 marker series.
Location. 34° 7.534′ N, 117° 17.659′ W. Marker is in San Bernardino, California, in San Bernardino County. Marker is at the intersection of North E Street and West 14th Street, on the left when traveling north on North E Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1398 North E Street, San Bernardino CA 92405, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. To Jedediah Smith (approx. 1.4 miles away); San Bernardino Santa Fe Depot (approx. 1.7 miles away); Historic Cannon (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Arrowhead Landmark (approx. 3.1 miles Fort Benson (approx. 4½ miles away); Guachama Rancheria (approx. 5.7 miles away); San Bernardino Asistencia (was approx. 6.9 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Agua Mansa Cemetery (approx. 7.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Bernardino.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. World’s Oldest Existing McDonald’s.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
More. Search the internet for World’s First McDonald’s.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 23, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 22, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 109 times since then and 44 times this year. Last updated on July 23, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 22, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. 7, 8, 9. submitted on July 23, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.