San Bernardino in San Bernardino County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Council House
It was two stories, one room below and one above 24x26 feet and surrounded by a white fence. The building stood until 1867 when it was demolished to make way for the Starkey Hotel, a brick building.
Erected 1955 by Lugonia Parlor No. 241 Native Daughters of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. Marker has been permanently removed. It was located near 34° 6.338′ N, 117° 17.376′ W. Marker was in San Bernardino, California, in San Bernardino County. Marker was on North Arrowhead Avenue when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 351 North Arrowhead Avenue, San Bernardino CA 92415, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this location, measured as the To Jedediah Smith (within shouting distance of this marker); San Bernardino Santa Fe Depot (approx. 1.2 miles away); World’s First McDonald’s (approx. 1.4 miles away); Fort Benson (approx. 3.1 miles away); Historic Cannon (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Arrowhead Landmark (approx. 4.4 miles away); Guachama Rancheria (approx. 4.4 miles away); San Bernardino Asistencia (was approx. 5.7 miles away but has been reported missing. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Bernardino.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for The Council House.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 23, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 295 times since then and 7 times this year. Last updated on July 23, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. Photos: 1. submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. 2, 3. submitted on July 22, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. 4. submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.