Crockett in Houston County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First National Bank of Crockett
In 1892 H.F. Moore (1854-1926) came here from Galveston to charter First National Bank, with Mayes transferring his deposits. This bank absorbed (1904) Farmers and Merchants National Bank (founded 1901). Presidents: Mayes (1892-93); J.C. Wooters (1893-1904); Moore (1904-26); Arch Baker (1926-43); Moore's sons, Donald G. (1943-44) and Phil C. (1944-50); J.L. Burton (1950-68); Henry M. Ellis (1968- ).
Continuing its distinguished history of service to its customers and to the community, First National Bank celebrated its centennial in 1992.
Erected 1972 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 11130.)
Location. 31° 19.056′ N, 95° 27.429′ W. Marker is in Crockett, Texas, in Houston County. Marker is at the intersection of East Goliad Avenue (State Highway 7) and Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 415 East Goliad Avenue, Crockett TX 75835, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Early Bank Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Crockett (within shouting distance of this marker); Houston County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Five Courthouses of Houston County (within shouting distance of this marker); W.V. McConnell Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of the Crockett Hotel (about 300 feet away); Miller-Spinks-Mayes Property (about 400 feet away); Site of Mary Allen Seminary (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crockett.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
More. Search the internet for First National Bank of Crockett.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 10, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 7, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 57 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 9, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.