Denton in Denton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Denton County Courthouse
Walls are native limestone; columns, Burnet County marble. Architecture is free combination of Victorian styles, with French Second Empire pavilions, fanciful Ogival domes. Architect was W. C. Dodson; contractor Tom Lovell is said to have built Utah Capitol.
Erected 1970 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1208.)
Location. 33° 12.907′ N, 97° 7.974′ W. Marker is in Denton, Texas, in Denton County. Marker is on North Locust Street (U.S. 77/377) south of West Oak Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 West Hickory Street, Denton TX 76201, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Edna Westbrook Trigg in Denton County (a few steps from this marker); The City of Denton John B. Denton (within shouting distance of this marker); Denton County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Our Confederate Soldiers (within shouting distance of this marker); Denton County (within shouting distance of this marker); Beulah A. Harriss (approx. ¼ mile away); Elm Fork Bridge (approx. 8.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Denton.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Denton County Courthouse.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 65 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 16, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.