Mt. Pulaski in Logan County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Abraham Lincoln - Eighth Judicial District
Mt. Pulaski, Illinois
—County-Seat Marker —
Erected 1921 by the Lincoln Circuit Marking Association and the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 0.524′ N, 89° 17.091′ W. Marker is in Mt. Pulaski, Illinois, in Logan County. Marker is on East Cooke Street east of South Washington Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Located on the southwest corner of the Courthouse lawn. Marker is at or near this postal address: 113 South Washington Street, Mount Pulaski IL 62548, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mt. Pulaski Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Circuit Court Stop (within shouting distance of this marker); Lincoln's Law Practice (within shouting distance of this marker); Bi-Plane - Train Race 1910 (approx. 0.3 miles away); This Lot was Owned by Abraham Lincoln (approx. 10.3 miles Logan County Circuit Court (approx. 10.3 miles away); a different marker also named Abraham Lincoln - Eighth Judicial District (approx. 10.4 miles away); Samuel C. Parks (approx. 10.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mt. Pulaski.
Also see . . .
1. The Real Lincoln Highway: The Forgotten Lincoln Circuit Markers by Guy C. Fraker. Is the “leading authority" on Abraham Lincoln's trail as he and his fellow lawyers worked on the Illinois Eighth Judicial District of 1847 - 1859. See Map and History of the special Marker Series written by Guy Fraker. Over more than four hundred miles of Illinois were traveled by Lincoln and his fellow Lawyers per journey around the Circuit by horse and buggy. For students and 'they that seek' a better understanding of life in the 1860's - - this is indeed a Historical trip through the heart-land of America on the roads of Illinois. (Submitted on October 7, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
2. All the County-Seat Markers. . . in order of Lincoln's travels through them along the Circuit of the Eighth Judicial District, 1847 - 1857. (Submitted on October 10, 2008.)
3. All the County Line Markers. . (Submitted on October 10, 2008.)
4. Travel with Lincoln. Climb into Lincoln’s buggy and take a trip with Lincoln and his fellow lawyers on the job traveling Illinois as Circuit Lawyers. See all the Lincoln Circuit Markers (and a surprise or two), in the order of his travels while a member of the Circuit of the Eighth Judicial District (of Illinois) during 1847-1857. Use the “First >>” button in the upper right to see these markers in sequence, starting from Springfield. (Submitted on October 17, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
5. Inside Mt. Pulaski Court House. A brief History, many Photos, and other Links. Well worth following all the links within this site. (Submitted on October 22, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
Categories. • Government • Heroes • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 7, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,765 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 7, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.