Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Tarrant County Courthouse
The cost was $408,840 and citizens considered it such a public extravagance that a new County Commissioners' Court was elected in 1894.
Entered in the National Register of Historic Places-1970
Erected 1969 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5195.)
Location. 32° 45.439′ N, 97° 19.986′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is on East Weatherford Street, on the left when traveling east. Marker is mounted on the wall to the left of the main entrance to the courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 East Weatherford Street, Fort Worth TX 76196, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1784 Tarrant County 1815 (a few steps from this marker); Texas Christian University (within shouting distance of this marker); Leonard Brothers Department Store (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Worth 1849-1853 The Site of Camp Worth (about 400 feet away); Fort Worth (about 400 feet away); Site of the First Masonic Hall in Fort Worth (about 400 feet away); Tarrant County Criminal Courts Building (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Tarrant County Courthouse.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 16, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 78 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 16, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. 3. submitted on August 16, 2018. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.