Lewiston in Nez Perce County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Firsts in Lewiston
was the first deeded land in Lewiston
First homes, post office, courthouse, jail, mill, Masonic Hall, opera house: and first classes in State Normal School. 1896.
Erected 1939 by Daughters of the American Revolution, Alice Whitman Chapter.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 46° 25.294′ N, 117° 1.857′ W. Marker is in Lewiston, Idaho, in Nez Perce County. Marker is on Main Street near 1st Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 Main Street, Lewiston ID 83501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kettenbach Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Pacific Northwest Bell Building (Historic Name) (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old City Hall (about 400 feet away); Tsceminicum (about 500 feet away); Lewiston's Chinese Community Means Building (about 600 feet away); Lewis and Clark (about 700 feet away); Site of Luna House (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewiston.
More about this marker. The marker is located in the courtyard of the Lewis-Clark Plaza.
Categories. • Notable Events •
More. Search the internet for Firsts in Lewiston.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 16, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 57 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 16, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.