Eureka in St. Louis County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
A “Key” from the past...
Erected by Missouri Route 66 State Park.
Location. 38° 30.349′ N, 90° 35.433′ W. Marker is in Eureka, Missouri, in St. Louis County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Lewis Road and North Outer Road East. Marker is located outside Missouri's Route 66 State Park Visitor Center, near the northeast corner of the building. Access to North Outer Road and the Visitor Center is from exit 266 off Interstate 44 (US Highway 50). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 97 North Outer Road East, Eureka MO 63025, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as 1935 Frisco Caboose (approx. 6.2 miles away); West Barretts Tunnel (approx. 8.2 miles away); #39 "Marmora" (approx. 8.2 miles away); #311 (approx. 8.2 miles away); #274 (approx. 8.2 miles away); #4700 (approx. 8.2 miles away); The "Katy Flyer" (approx. 8.2 miles away); #4916 (approx. 8.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Site of Key’s Twin Bridge Gas Station and Cafe.
(This link presents directions to the original site of Noble and Nellie Key's Café.) Nothing remains of this once busy café and filling station which opened in 1948; it was razed. However you can see the concrete foundations. The distinctive key-shaped neon sign was saved and donated by the Key family to the Route 66 State Park and you can see it there as a "Key" from the Past. (Submitted on August 25, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Roads & Vehicles •
More. Search the internet for A "Key" from the past....
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 24, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 49 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on August 25, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.