Birmingham in Jefferson County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
United Confederate Veterans
In Memory of the Women of the Confederacy.
In God we trust.
Erected 1905 by Camp Forrest, United Confederate Veterans.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of Confederate Veterans/United Confederate Veterans marker series.
Location. 33° 33.059′ N, 86° 45.07′ W. Marker is in Birmingham, Alabama, in Jefferson County. Marker is on 60th Street North, in the median. Touch for map. Marker is in Forest Hill Cemetery, along road straight ahead from 60th Street entrance, in middle of soldiers' circle. Marker is in this post office area: Birmingham AL 35212, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Forrest Camp No. 1435 (here, next to this marker); 1963 Church Bombing Victims (approx. ¼ mile away); CDR "Snuffy" Smith (approx. 1.2 miles away); East Lake Community (approx. 1½ miles away); Howard College (approx. 1.7 miles away); History of the 117th Tactical Reconnaissance Wing (approx. 1.8 miles away); East Birmingham (approx. 1.8 miles away); Ruhama Baptist Church (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Birmingham.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 8, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 2,187 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 8, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.