Farmington in Saint Francois County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Oldest Brick Building in Downtown Farmington
Robert O. and Ann Tetley
in 1868, the face of this building is
granite and hand-made brick
from the Civil War era.
Ozarks Federal Savings
and Load Association
Location. 37° 46.82′ N, 90° 25.229′ W. Marker is in Farmington, Missouri, in Saint Francois County. Marker is on East Columbia Street east of South Washington Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is mounted at eye-level near the northwest corner of the building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14 East Columbia Street, Farmington MO 63640, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Pilot Knob (approx. 16.3 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Pilot Knob (approx. 17.1 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Pilot Knob (approx. 17.1 miles away).
Regarding Oldest Brick Building in Downtown Farmington. The subject building presently houses a retail business. Included within the East Columbia Historic District, National Register of Historic Places (2004)
Also see . . .
1. What's in a name - Tetley Building (Submitted on August 26, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. East Columbia Historic District. The East Columbia Historic District is a national historic district located at Farmington, St. Francois County, Missouri. The district encompasses 11 contributing buildings in the central business district of Farmington. It developed between about 1879 and 1954, and includes representative examples of Late Victorian, Beaux Arts, and Bungalow / American Craftsman style architecture. Notable buildings include the Tetley Jewelry Store (c. 1879), & U.S. Post Office (c. 1932) (Submitted on August 26, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Architecture • Man-Made Features • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 26, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 47 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 26, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.