Marksville in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Old Church of the Nazarene
The Marksville Church of the Nazarene was organized on October 26, 1926 in the home of Mrs. L.J. Coco. Rev. L.L. Latham was the first minister. This "New England” style building has outstanding twelve over twelve windows. Congregation moved to a new church building on June 26, 1983.
Erected by City Of Marksville.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Louisiana, Marksville Historical Markers Driving Tour marker series.
Location. 31° 7.799′ N, 92° 3.824′ W. Marker is in Marksville, Louisiana, in Avoyelles Parish. Marker is on North Main Street south of Joffrion Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marksville LA 71351, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Belle Oak (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Marksville Baptist Church (about 300 feet away); Marksville Methodist Church (about 300 feet away); Molenar Photography Studio Site (about 600 feet away); Joffrion-Roy-Luke Home (about 700 feet away); Brashear-Lafargue-Gremillion Home Eddie Knoll (approx. 0.2 miles away); Frank Hotel Site (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marksville.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 40 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 27, 2018.