Los Angeles in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
First Jewish Site in Los Angeles
Erected 1968 by California State Parks, and Jewish Federation Council of Los Angeles. (Marker Number 822.)
Location. 34° 4.172′ N, 118° 14.466′ W. Marker is in Los Angeles, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is on Lilac Terrace west of Lookout Drive, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Located behind the Naval and Marine Corps Reserve Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 784 Lilac Terrace, Los Angeles CA 90012, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Naval and Marine Corps Reserve Center (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mother Ditch and The History Slugs (approx. half a mile away); Carroll Avenue (approx. ¾ mile away); Portolį Trail (approx. 0.8 miles away); Fort Moore (approx. 0.8 miles away); Jones Building (approx. 0.8 miles away); Machine Shop (approx. 0.8 miles away); Avila Adobe (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Los Angeles.
Regarding First Jewish Site in Los Angeles. This three-acre plot became the final resting place for 300 people. Those graves were moved between 1902 and 1910 to the Home of Peace Cemetery in East Los Angeles.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 2, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 30, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 34 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 30, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.