East Lincoln in Lincoln County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
East Lincoln High School
East Lincoln High School was the first consolidated high school in Lincoln County. Constructed on this site in 1923, the campus included a school building, a shop and vocational building, lunchroom, teacher''s housing superintendent''s home, gymnasium, and office space. East Lincoln High School closed in 1957.
Erected 2009 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Location. 31° 29.105′ N, 90° 17.399′ W. Marker is in East Lincoln, Mississippi, in Lincoln County. Marker is on East Lincoln Road SE one mile west of Townsend Drive SE, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brookhaven MS 39601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fair Oak Springs (approx. 5.1 miles away); Site of Ruth School (approx. 7˝ miles away); Pioneer Homesite (approx. 7.6 miles away); a different marker also named Pioneer Homesite (approx. 8.6 miles away); Heucks Retreat School (approx. 10.3 miles away); Old Brookhaven (approx. 10.3 miles away); Confederate Memorial Monument (approx. 10.6 miles away); Rose Hill Cemetery (approx. 10.7 miles away).
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 31, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 31, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 47 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 31, 2018.